Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christina's Earrings


I have been busy the last two weeks designing pieces to enter into the Melbourne Bead Expo and haven't been able to post anything new onto my blog. I have been working hard to come up with some real show-stoppers having been awarded the "Best of Show" last year. Pictures of my new pieces will be posted up mid-November so stay tuned.

Thankfully, my friend Christina requested I make a pair of earrings to match a lariat she has (pic below). This morning I happily sat down and came up with the design to the left. This earring is double sided giving it the weight needed to dangle well. The diamond shapes graduate down in size to give a pleasant tapering look to the earring.

I am very pleased with this pattern and see a lot of potential for this in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment