After much exploration a new flower species has been discovered - Botanicus Patricus ;-)
I probably could have made this flower a lot more easily if I made petals and attached them together etc, but having come up with an interesting shape (which I am still experimenting with) I went around the world to end up creating this lovely piece.
The centrepiece is quite raised, which doesn't really show in the picture, also there are six cone shapes for the stamens to exit from and a rivoli centre set on top of the six cones..
I will now endeavour to create a setting that will best show off the flower. I hope I come up with one that does it justice.