Monday, February 6, 2012

Peacock



Here is a piece I have decided to call Peacock. 
Whilst making the necklace I kept thinking of the word Peacock because of the colours chosen 
and the splay formed with the centre design.

This design really came about by accident. I was experimenting trying to create one thing and realised it wasn't working then my internal voices said - "keep playing with this" - so I continued and 
I'm very glad I did.

On the left you see the front of the necklace with the copper coloured rivoli showing. 
On the right the "back" of the rivoli, also attractive, enables the necklace to be worn both sides. 
There is a part of me that prefers the back to the front.

In creating this I have learnt new directions and I am very keen to start another. 
The second one will be a lot easier as you already know what you are doing. 

I really love experimenting but sometimes you struggle to get that last thread through those 
already full of thread seed beads .


13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece. I love the contrast on the "back side" as well. Can't wait to see your next colorway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. I have another idea in mind first then shall do another. Thanks for the comment.
      Cheers....Patrick

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Wonderful beadwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Orsi. I have to do another one as I know what I am doing with this design now. It should be much easier next time.
      Cheers...Patrick

      Delete
  3. Beautiful design and colours! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning beadwork!!,wonderful design and very beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a very big eyecatcher. Fantastic colours.
    Greetings Manouscha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is wondurful, the colors too. I prefer the "back side" too and the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra and thank you for your comments, nice to meet you.

      Delete
  8. Un trabajo precioso!!!!! Felicidades!!!

    ReplyDelete